Drug Abuse Advice
This page contains details of websites and blogs for drug abuse advice in order to help people quit or find the right support. It may be yourself that needs to help, but often it is the friends or family of those who are misusing substances that seek tips and information in their behalf.
Either way, hopefully this list of drug and substance abuse websites, blogs and resources will prove useful for you.
- What to Do If Your Teen or Young Adult Has a Problem with Drugs – Addiction can happen at any age, but it usually starts when a person is young. If your teen continues to use drugs despite harmful consequences, he or she may be addicted.
- National Inhalant Prevention Coalition – NIPC is funded in part by Government Agencies. The remainder of our funding comes from support from individuals and organizations who utilize NIPC resources.
- Ten Tips For Prevention of Youth Addiction – what you can do to protect yourself and reduce the risk of alcohol and drug problems.
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse – ACAD advice website from the UK.
- Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research-Based Guide – The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) leads the Nation in scientific research on the health aspects of drug abuse and addiction.
- DrugFacts: Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction – National Institute on Drug Abuse.
- Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research-Based Guide – Trying to locate appropriate treatment for a loved one, especially finding a program tailored to an individual’s particular needs, can be a difficult process.
- Drug Abuse – DrugAbuse.net – a site intended to guide addicts, and loved ones of those addicted, through the processes of identifying and understanding addiction and dependency, researching treatment options, and beginning on the path to recovery.
- Drug Alcohol Addiction Rehab Information – Discover the facts and stats about alcoholism, addiction and more
- Drug Abuse Links – Resources compiled by Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office.
- ALCOHOL, DRUGS AND CRIME – facts and statistics from the National Council on Alcohilism and Drug Dependence.
- Advice to young people about drugs and alcohol – Here young people share their advice to other young people about drugs and alcohol. They wanted to tell others what they had learnt – sometimes through difficult personal experiences.
- Drug and Alcohol Resources in Canada – This is a partial list of information resources. Please call the Drug and Alcohol Helpline at 1-800-565-8603 for more information.
- Substance Abuse – Treatment – Prevention – Recovery – Education
- Substance Abuse & Addiction – Substance misuse is the harmful use of drugs or alcohol for non-medical purposes.
- Treatment Tips – When a person has a substance abuse problem, the world can feel like a lonely place.
- ALCOHOL AND DRUG ABUSE – Tips for Teenagers fro the Hawaii Government website.
- Substance Abuse and Addiction Health Center – WebMD page covering tobacco and cigarettes through to heroin and cocaine, alcohol, marijuana, methamphetamines, LSD, PCP, Ketamine, GHB and more. Facts and statistics on levels of misuse and the potential dangers.
- Substance Use and Abuse – Substance use and abuse constitute a real threat to the safety, health and welfare of people in the workplace.
- Medication-assisted treatment has helped many on the path to recovery – There are three medications approved by the Food & Drug Administration for the treatment of opioid use disorder: methadone, buprenorphine, and injectable naltrexone.
- Adult Substance Abuse Treatment Services – There are approximately 50 programs certified to provide substance abuse treatment in the District of Columbia.
- The Substance Abuse Resource Center – Division of Student Affairs and UNT in Texas.
- Treatment and Recovery: Substance Abuse – The National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) is sponsored by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- SUBSTANCE ABUSE SERVICES AND RESOURCES – Not ready to interface with CAPS directly? Check-out the following sites for helpful information about substance use, abuse, and addiction.
- Overcoming Drug Addiction – Substance Abuse Treatment, Recovery, and Help.
- Depression and Substance Abuse – Depression often feeds a substance abuse problem, but the opposite may also be true. Find out just how intertwined these two conditions are.
We hope you find the information contained on these websites and online resources to be of help for you.